The below template is designed as an invitation to your local MP (if Conservative) to visit your site.
The letters should be as individually tailored as possible, with the following questions as the basic touchpoints:-
- Number of staff/apprentices (i.e. potential votes!)
- If they have a lot of customers locally (it’s good to highlight if they do)
- Anything new they have to hook the visit on, new apprentices, new equipment/investment, energy efficiency moves, business anniversary
- Public sector customers they might have, especially schools or hospitals
- Any big brand name customers they have
- Any issues they would like to raise, local or national (I will probably be choosy about what I include in the invite letter though, depending on whether the MP is Govt or Opposition)
- Any existing relationship they have with the MP2023 template invite letter for Conservative MPs1
FIAUK will provide a template later for opposition members of parliament in due course.